Perhaps it is important to learn about the most important standards and principles of sustainable buildings in Saudi Arabia, in light of the progress witnessed in sustainable construction in the Kingdom at all levels, which enhances the creation of a healthier and less radioactive environment. This comes in light of the Kingdom’s endeavor to preserve the environment and people and join the global ranks in This field, so in our article we will get to know the most important standards and principles of sustainable buildings in Saudi Arabia in detail.
Sustainable buildings in Saudi Arabia
The term sustainable buildings in Saudi Arabia is a term given to the techniques that are used in conscious design at the environmental level in architecture. It is also known as the process of designing buildings in an urban style that values and respects the environment, and takes into account reducing the rate of consumption of energy, resources and materials, in addition to reducing The impact of traditional construction on the environment to make buildings more in harmony with nature, at a time when sustainable buildings in Saudi Arabia have become a prominent feature of Vision 2030 projects.
Princess Noura bint Abdul Rahman University buildings
Standards and principles of sustainable buildings in Saudi Arabia
Some experts in the field of sustainable buildings agree that there are five basic principles in green architecture, and below we learn about them in detail:
- Reliance on renewable energy: represented by the reliance of sustainable buildings on solar energy, wind energy, and geothermal energy, in addition to bioenergy and water energy, as these sources are not subject to depletion.
- Adaptation to the climate: By building buildings adapted to the climate and various elements, so that the buildings become an integral part of the environment, like stone and trees, which makes them exposed to natural influences such as the sun, wind, rain, etc., just like any part of the environment.
- Reducing the use of resources: Designers of sustainable buildings in Saudi Arabia seek to reduce the use of resources in buildings, as they make buildings a resource for other buildings after the end of their lifespan.
- Respect for the site: which consists of constructing buildings in a manner that does not lead to major and fundamental changes to the geographical features, and if these buildings are removed or moved, the site can return to its previous form easily and smoothly.
- Respect for users and dealers: Green architecture places the conservation of resources and energy as a priority, and this appears in the designers’ respect for the environment and giving it its full rights, in addition to giving great attention to those dealing with it, as preserving people and their health is always an important goal.
Red Sea project buildings
The future of sustainable buildings in Saudi Arabia
Sustainable buildings in Saudi Arabia are witnessing great progress in recent years, as reliance on them is increasing day by day in light of their many benefits and advantages, both on the environmental level and on the human level, and the increasing and enormous growth in reliance on the concept of green buildings in the Kingdom, and the same market. Saudi real estate is not limited only to major projects, but rather extends to programs and initiatives launched by the Saudi Ministry of Housing, in order to support the residential real estate market.
These factors and initiatives can be relied upon to predict that the future of sustainable buildings in Saudi Arabia will be a bright future, especially with the reshaping of the social and economic environment. Therefore, it can be said that we will witness more and more initiatives and attempts in the field of real estate to reach a clean environment in the coming years.
King Solomon Energy City “SPARK” buildings.
The most important sustainable buildings in Saudi Arabia
There are many sustainable buildings that have become present in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and today they occupy a distinguished position due to the wonderful concept they provide in terms of sustainability. The most prominent of these buildings are as follows:
- King Abdullah University of Science and Technology buildings.
- Princess Noura bint Abdul Rahman University buildings.
- Red Sea project buildings.
- King Solomon Energy City “SPARK” buildings.
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology buildings.
At the conclusion of our article, we have learned about the most important standards and principles of sustainable buildings in Saudi Arabia, and we have learned about the future of sustainability and the most important green buildings in the Kingdom.
At ACUD, we create sustainable buildings that are compatible with the Kingdom’s Vision 2030, through a work team with long experience in the field of construction and real estate.
To know more details about ACUD ’s services, you can contact us from here.